You're going to love it! Please read below for necessary safety information, installation help and useful tips. Also, please make sure we have your e-mail address so we can alert you when we update this page, and to register your warranty. If you did not purchase SCOUT from this site, then simply create an account with us to activate your warranty. Now, onto what is most important...
Correct use of this carrier is critical for safety. It is your responsibility to make sure carrier is attached properly to your vehicle and the stroller is attached properly and securely to the carrier. Carefully read and follow the following instructions:
– Attach only to manufacturer, auto dealer or authorized aftermarket installed hitches.
– Always be certain that there is a minimum of 14” – 16” of ground clearance for stroller.
– Be cautious of large dips and humps in the road and inclines such as driveways and parking lot entrances/exits. You could permanently damage carrier.
– Do not mount to any type of trailer or RV.
– This carrier is not intended for off-road use or excessive speeds.
– This carrier is not intended for any use other than carrying one BOB Revolution, BOB SUV, or BOB Ironman jogging stroller.
– Do not allow children or minors to play on or near this carrier.
– For additional safety and security use locks, cables and/or tie downs (not provided).
– Follow all instructions provided and check back here frequently for product updates.
SCOUT users are solely responsible for the safe use of products purchased from Scout Family Equipment.
We tried to make SCOUT as intuitive as possible so some massive instruction book would not be required and then end up in a landfill. We hope we were successful. But just in case, here is what you need to know:
1 – Preparation
2 – Attachment
Handlebar Straps – Cradle straps should be pulled UP first, and then over the top second to maximize life of the part. Straps will loosen over time and should be replaced when excessive stroller or wobble results.
Wheel Safety Pin –This part serves as a back-up to SCOUT’s handlebar straps. It will not withstand forces created by a vehicle pushing SCOUT into another object or the ground (e.g., parking lot, driveway mishaps, etc.). Speed bumps can also cause harm. Drive slowly over them to prevent the stroller wheel from bouncing up and down…and to prevent waking the little one(s).
Never transport your stroller without all attach points engaged.
Never drive your SCOUT into another object or the ground. Handlebar straps and Stroller Wheel Pin will be damaged.
Always inspect SCOUT before travel. Never travel with signs of wear on any part of SCOUT.
Replacement parts available for purchase at www.scoutfamily.com.